Sunday, September 4, 2011

Science Center, Berawtlang

We visited the Science center at Berawtlang last Wedenesday. It was thankfully open, unlike the other times when we travel for quite a bit only to realize the place is closed.

It's turning out to be quite a popular place to take kids on holidays. It would be great if they had a contact number where we can ask if they would be open on particular holidays, and also confirm timings of their 3D and planetarium shows.

There are wide open spaces and nicely designed buildings with different exhibits like Mizo utensils, handloom and beautifully constructed model villages. There was a Wildlife section, aptly dimly lit.

Feli deserves an Oscar for this one :)
Feli and Sanga,  mnwith his bib and bottle


The actual scientific area had fun stuff, like the different coloured liquids which simply won't mix, fun mirrors, lights and sounds.

The 3D theater was undoubtedly the biggest attraction. Kids were screaming, recoiling from snakes and reaching out for apples and other objects.  I spared my kids the excitement of the show, they don't take loud noises and enclosed spaces well. It was a day well spent. Although once we reached home, Sanga was a tired, hungry little boy and Feli passed out in the car :)

2 comments:

Mizohican said...

Lolzzz Feli looks so cute in those pics!

I didn't know there was a Science Center like this, but then, I am hardly there so its not surprising. It looks like all the kids had a great time.

Regarding the last pic, I think there is still room for improvement. The headless optical illusion I've seen at other places are more or less flawless. In this one, I feel it is still possible to make it a bit more realistic.

By fun mirrors, do you mean those distortion ones? If so, even till now, I absolutely love those! Can't stop laughing when my friends and I stand in front of them :D

diary said...

Oh, Kima, there's a huge room for improvement, I didn't want to sound too much of a pessimist in my post. But the paint is flaking, the grass is growing wild, the place seems to be left as it was since it was opened.

As for the optical illusion, you should probably blame the photographer (me!) cause other people's pictures look much more realistic :)

Love the distortion mirrors too, and thanks for your kind comments on Feli!