Sunday, September 11, 2011

Joy is Like the Rain

You probably know this song. I think I learned it in Mary Mount School and sang it  in morning assemblies, its meaning unfathomed. Then I forgot all about it, till recently when, out of nowhere, I hummed it to my daughter. I looked up the lyrics on the internet, and found this video which I really like.

The words are simple, but I think I can understand what it says only now.

"I can see clearly now' performed later is also a wonderful song. If you haven't watched it yet, please do! You'll like it, promise.

 
I saw rain drops on my window, Joy is like the rain.
Laughter runs across my pane, Slips away and comes again.
Joy is like the rain.

I saw clouds upon a mountain, Joy is like a cloud.

Sometimes silver, sometimes gray, Always sun not far away.
Joy is like a cloud.

I saw Christ in wind and thunder, Joy is tried by storm.

Christ asleep within my boat, Whipped by wind, yet still afloat,
Joy is tried by storm.

I saw rain drops on a river, Joy is like the rain,

Bit by bit the river grows, 'til all at once it overflows.
Joy is like the rain.
 

5 comments:

Calliopia said...

We used to sing this at St Agnes when I was around 9 or 10 too. Very nice video.

diary said...

Thanks Calliopia :)

avena said...

"sim in ka lo kir e aw Lalpa"!

LR Hlonchhing said...

Joy is like a rain. Rain is like a joy.

diary said...

Avena leh Lr hlonchhing, in sawi tha dun hle mai :D