Saturday, June 12, 2010

Update

So what happened during my five month long hiatus? Nothing much really. I still work at the same job, and do mostly the same thing everyday.

Ruatfeli did turn 1 though. She's now 1 year old and 3 months old. Here's a picture of her with all the presents her well-wishers gave her.

She continues to thrive and amaze us, but refuses to walk....on her own at least. Maybe we should enjoy her dependency on us a little longer, because once she can walk, she will be running  and we'd probably be spending all our time chasing her. There is a lovely 8 year old neighbour whose parents say began her walk only at 1 year 8 months. That gives us a lot of reassurance. Who cares if there are precocious little babies who can walk at 7 months?

In the meantime, I've gone back to learning how to drive a car. This is really my 4th attempt, and my  final attempt. When I mention that I'm taking lessons to mom, her reply is "Again?!". Anyway, I roped in a kindly neighbour to teach me, and he is patient and persevering, and I'm learning a lot of things I didn't get to before. I've mastered the starting and the stopping, and can change gears without hitting anything. But I am somehow inclined to veer towards the opposite direction when I reverse. I  manage to pass other cars on blind turns, and almost hit a car only once. I've developed a new-found respect for all drivers, including taxi-drivers. I'm hopeful that I would finally drive alone in traffic before year end. So finger's crossed that I don't hit you or anyone else!

5 comments:

Calliopia said...

Welcome back, dear diary, you've been missed. The baby's 1 already? How time flies. And I'm sure she'll walk soon enough. Good luck with the driving lessons. I'm sure your instructor will make a driver out of you soon :)

^7^ said...

i am impressed..your driving class will make a good case study for future wannabe ...!!
Kal chhet chhet kal chhet chhet..artui hlawh hlawh..tum bai lek tum bai lek ..tih hla kha a thiam tawh em? :)

diary said...

Calliopia, I was so out of things to write, I felt I was boring everyone. But hey, I'm back, but with the same old, same old :)

seven, thanks for visiting, a kal hma hian a tawng zet zet ang tih kan hlau khawp mai hei, hehe.

diary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.