Monday, September 3, 2007

Latest craving

I am an unlikely gadget freak. I love obssessing about a particular gadget, read endless reviews and finally buy something I think is best. After all the research though, I don't always make the best choices. For example the Olympus Fe 190 I bought was just mindbogglingly disappointing. The 6 mp camera had a lousy lens, is all I can say.
Z550i was so-so. I was bemused with clam shell phones at that particular phase. Some beautiful actress in some movie could have flipped her phone and made a lasting impression on my feeble brain, maybe. I 'lost' that phone when I went home last, supposedly at Lengpui airport. I thought it was a particularly pushy fellow traveller who was the culprit, against whom I bore a silent grudge all these months. Only to be informed recently by my wonderful brother-in-law that he found the phone in the back of their car. (They're wondering how the phone got to be in the back seat, when H and I obviously sat in the front seats. I blame gravity, traffic movements, but it's not whatever else it is they are thinking. hahaha). The phone had a terrible 1.3mp camera anyway. My mom or someone else will probably end up using it.
To get back to the original train of thought, after the last two months of using my old trusty Nokia 1600 (great battery life, supports nothing, not even a torchlight), I've been looking at the k550i. Its camera is probably not as good as k750, its keypad supposedly sucks, some people positively hate it. But there are reviewers who are all praises (you get all kinds). I am just not inclined towards nokia, samsung or motorola. If anyone reads my posts, and if anyone has any idea about k550, or if there's a better phone with better camera at the same price range, please let me know. Am planning to buy a phone before the month is out. Thank you!
(Update: Without much input from anybody, I bought the phone 2 days back. It seems to be a good buy. )

7 comments:

rotlingpa said...

bahut khup surat hai, le kin bahut use karna bi thik nai hai. Brain me cancer ho sakta hai. samji?

Philo said...

Hey Lazy Diary,
Saw you on my blog...so where are you these days? I also see your marriage pix, who when, bachche?? To reiterate, I didnt know you visited Ladakh...on Padma/Tundup's invite im guessing. My julleys to them in case you are in touch with them.

diary said...

@rotlingpa...hanji boss. heheh.

@Philo..great to see you here. I'm still stuck in Delhi, same old, same old, except I got married :) And no, I havent been to Ladakh, just seen loads of pics, but we're definitely going there one day...hopefully. And I heard Tundup had a baby just this July or so, Padma is going off for a conference in Rome. I think she said she'll get us Bailey's.lol. Please visit again.

Philo said...

padma going to ROme, I think its the Ladakh Studies conference. Is she presenting a paper too, could you get me across to her? Just curious coz i planned to attend it too par paise ke kami ho gaya. What to do yaar?

diary said...

@philo..could be, definitely possible, lots of ladakhis are Rome-bound. I was telling her abt your blog today:) What should I give you..her cell number, her email?

Why dont you go to? The Lord shall provide..hehe

Philo said...

cell number would be good coz i can rediffbol from here...or an email would be good too.

Anonymous said...

philo..her flight is tonight, doubt if she'll go roaming. her email is de_lna@yahoo.com