Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Picture post

This is going to be a jumble of a post.
First, a picture of the newborn star. She looks good even with the tube in her nose.

















A more recent picture of her, after gaining around 800gm more. Check out the chubby cheeks.

Last sunday, my cousin brought her daughter, born just 22 days before Ruatfeli. Look at the size difference though. Her head is almost twice the size of Ruatfeli's :( It's a small consolation Ruatfeli was supposed to be born 2 months after her cousin.



A shot of my naughty nephew, Rinzuala.









His older sister, Hruaizeli. She's a really sweet kid, bears her brother's punches silently.. till she loses her temper and just as silently pinches him!




Another naughty nephew, Lawmsanga/Mapuia. This kid is smart as well as sweet.
P.C.Girl's School.... this used to be my playground. I don't know why, of the many schools I went to, this school makes such an impression on my memory. I don't really remember what they taught me academically but I learnt all my cross-stiching, knitting, weaving skills from this school.
You can see they have modernised the main building, it used to be an Assam type when I studied here. I remember standing in lines for Assembly as the teachers checked the length of our nails and our fringe (the eyebrows and earlobes must be visible. Go figure). Then we used to troop inside for a prayer meeting. We used to have missionaries from ramthim as guest speakers. All of us wanted to be missionaries when we grow up. I wonder how many of us actually became one.
The building above remains the same, the tree is also the same. It used to be the classroom for fifth standard kids (the building, not the tree). I remember Pi Saptawni (RIP), the then headmistress, always throwing me out of her scripture classes. I still don't know why, I wasn't that naughty a student!The 'A pawl' and 'B pawl' classes used to be held where this green building once stood. I used to throw a tantrum every morning in 'A pawl'. My mom used to drag me screaming and kicking my legs to school. I had the rather apt nickname of 'tahbelhi' then. Ick!

The heavenly-looking house below is the 'Banglapui' of Synod. I took a picture of it on my morning walk because it looked so idyllic and perfect for morning tea.


Lastly...a picture of my roast chicken. When we moved into our new home, we used to have family and friends over for dinner quite a lot. I was hugely pregnant then and had no maid. So I used to simply roast a chicken for the main dish. The guests used to love it, but I was so sick of it I hardly used to taste it at all.
Told you it was going to be a jumble.

11 comments:

Calliopia said...

Awww your baby looks so sweet. And premmies are always a little on the smallish side, arent they?

Lovely to see the PC Girls' memoirs and pix. This must be the first time I've seen an old student write about it online. Yes, I've always been tickled pink by the PC Girls' haircut - the very straight cut with even straighter bangs :) And it's just great that kids learn all those knitting/weaving/stitching skills at that very young age. Btw, I always associate PC Girls' with pawnto games like the Maypole dance, zawnga leihlawn etc :)

Your chicken roast looks yummy. You must post your recipe someday. I really must get a microwave too..

diary said...

Thanks Calliopia, she does look sweet, doesn't she? :) Yeah, preemies are destined to be small, tho people have been telling me stories of preemies who later grew up to be really tall. I'm hoping Ruatfeli will pick up soon too :)

I think PC Girls' school is one of the best schools in Aizawl, even now. The Mizo medium thing is a throw-back though. Their focus on teaching kids handiwork is really admirable, I wouldn't have learnt any of this stuff if not for this school. And yes, we used to perform 'pawnto' at AR ground. hehe. And we all looked mighty cute with our hairdos.lol.

The chicken roast is easy as pie. I will give you the recipe if you're really interested. And an OTG is way better than a microwave in my opinion. I have both and I only use the OTG.

Jerusha said...

OMG! I did not know at all. I'm sorry. And I can't believe this. I mean it's all normal, high time bla blah but still. I think of you in school girl skirt and knee high socks and I just can't picture you otherwise. So super congratulations!! And the cuteness and I share smilar names as well! Was she named after me by any chance?? LOL

Anyway, congratulations again!

Jerusha said...

and your nephew Rinzuala looks just like both your brother and your dad at the same time!

Aduhi Chawngthu said...

PC Girls ah hian ni khat chu ka kal ve. A building hi a ang tawhlo e. Ka u hi a lut thin a cross stitch puantah etc an ti nasa thei khawp mai, helmet haircut ngei mai nen khan. School tha tak chu a ni e, Pathian an ngaihsak tlangpuiin ka hria a lut tawh ho hian. U Parteii khan a zirtir ve hman che u em? An ngaisang thei teh mai.

diary said...

Hey Jerusha, yeah, imagine- you, me, Doris and Muanawmi. We've all come a long way, huh? Yeah you share similar names, but hers is quite short compared to yours, it's just Ruatfeli Renthlei :)

@Aduhi..ngatinge nikhat chauh? U Parteii chu kan ngaisang thei rap. A fel si, hmeltha si, kan ti reng zel. Eng zaipawl ah nge tel thin kha aw, sapramah te an zin thin kha.

avena said...

Ruatfeli Renthlei..kuhva lei tur a ka tirh hual anih kha ...lo thrang uak uak teh se....a pic hmasa lam nen en chuan a thrang nasa ani maw ..a nu a chen thuai dawn anih hmel e..hahah

btwn: lawmsanga/mapuia exam tur in sikul a kal duh lo an rawn tih kha...Ruatfeli aiin i pawl hniam zawk ang tiin han fuih teh u hahahhaha :))

diary said...

U Ven, a nu hian ka chen tawh lo. A pa in a hnung hiat turin a hauh bawk, nangin kuhva lei tur in i hauh bawk. In va tiduhdah dawn ve, duat em em in kan enkawl ve a :D

Mapuia chu nia an sawi a, lol, a birthday a ni dawn lehnghal a chaw ei ah min sawm a sin.

Mos-a said...

Jerry a fanu maw? Jerry a hmel chiah chiah mawle. hihi.

diary said...

Jerry fanu ni e, a fapa pawh hian a ang khawp mai. A mizia pawh ditto!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!