Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New stuff

I cast my vote for the first time yesterday. It wasn't really an epiphanic moment, but it felt good to think I had some role in the making of a government, and I came away with ugly blue marks on two fingernails.

Besides that piece of news, H and I moved into a 'new' house last week. It's a lot of fun, cooking, and cleaning, making up recipes and feeding them to a non-commentative husband. I will one day post pictures of the house, when we have an internet connection at home, after we have a phone connection, that is.

My waistline is also rapidly increasing, which I know is not of national interest, but which I am still talking about nonetheless. Mainly because this is my blog, and I can bore people with personal things :). Back to the waistline, it's huge because H and I are expecting. And I am so far lucky because I was never plaqued by the nausea and morning sickness that to most ladies. Instead, I eat like a certain species of the animal world, and my only worry is I shall remain forever fat, my bottoms forever resembling my mother's backside. But God has been so good, and if we are blessed with a healthy baby, then I guess I can live with a little extra fat.

5 comments:

Calliopia said...

Hey congratulations! Both on the new house and the little bun in the oven (that's a crude description I know but always so appropriate lol). Why marks on two fingernails? I made sure I got just a small mark and quickly rubbed it off :)

diary said...

Thanks Calliopia, one day when I have sufficient number of pots and pans, I hope you'll come for dinner.
Ours is the only polling station I know where they put marks on the fore and ring fingers. The officers were a little sadistic I suppose.

Mizohican said...

Ah... the first timer's memorable experience with the stork. I know that feeling... errrmm... :D

Congrats and I hope its up to "expectations" too, although I suggest you don't worry too much about it. The more you think about it and worry, the more you'll start convincing yourself that something will indeed go wrong. Pu Murphy-a dan. :)

Its bad etiquette to ask which party you voted for. So I'll politely inquire if you played any role in yesterday's election result. :D

diary said...

Illusionaire, tell me more about your experience with the stork. Sounds interresting..hehe.

Well, am lucky so far, no major problems, but if the baby moves less etc, I wake up in the middle of the night and start imagining the worst. We have had countless ultrasonography done on this babe, hehe. Now it's just leg cramps I complain about. The books say too much phosphorus, which supposedly comes from too much snacks. I've decided leg cramps aren't so bad.

And I think everyone who votes had an important role in election results. But the guy I voted for won too :)

Philo said...

Hey, i didn't know you had relocated. Anyway, do try to show up at any of the events...Moi would have the details.